A CarDash Service Advisor is someone who believes that effective sales means acting in the best interest of the customer. They love the opportunity to work from home (yes, you can work from home!). They appreciate a management team that values feedback and implements their ideas. And they enjoy the reward that comes with dynamic and highly fluid work environments.
As a Service Advisor, you are both an advocate for the customer and the key sales lead for the company. You help determine the appropriate repair plan before the day of service, advise the customer on inspection results, answer questions about the customer's vehicle, and ensure the price is fair to both parties.
CarDash is remote, so you can be too. CarDash offers concierge delivery on all of its services, bringing vehicles to vetted independent service centers and dealerships. Service Advisors will help schedule the service, ask the technicians at these service centers for information regarding inspections, and price repairs on behalf of the customer - over the phone, and from your home.
As a start up, CarDash promises a less structured work environment than many of its peers. You will have the opportunity to help CarDash develop pricing policies, create material regarding automotive repair, influence best practices and recommended service approaches, and provide feedback regarding the internal systems used by CarDash.
Compensation: $25-$40/hr depending on experience and qualifications. Potential for 75%+ of compensation to be base pay.
Roles and Repsonsibilities:
- Primary customer service and customer sales representative – conduct all communication with customers
- Provide price estimates on all initial inbound leads and additional service recommendations, generally via a high-quality email
- Answer all customer questions, with topics including automotive repair, CarDash as a company, logistics, and more
- Coordinate with service centers to query about automotive repair results (make sure the recommendation is fully understood) and logistics updates
- Work with CarDash dispatch team, service centers, and customers to develop customer schedule and ensure that the repair proceeds smoothly on the day of service. Includes breaking up service into the appropriate number of days
- Sends invoices to customers
- Provides independent research and expertise to ensure the customer is receiving an optimal experience, including filtering service center recommendations to ensure they are customer focused
- Help customer with all automotive needs, including things that fall outside of the realm of normal automotive repair. This includes cleaning sources, windshield repair, body work – basically, anything car-related
- Parts ordering
- Follow up with customers (conduct CRM) after service or after no response from estimate
- Customer service experience required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- 5-10 years of Automotive Service Writing experience
- Automotive technician experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Service department administration experience preferred
- Associates Degree, Technical School Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- ASE certification preferred
- Prior experience with service scheduling programs and diagnostic programs preferred
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete CarDash employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.